This page may contain affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you we may receive a commission if you purchase a product from one of our links. We only recommend products we love.
I used a non-stick omelet pan so my low carb tortilla wouldn’t stick.
Then I used 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and dumped it in the pan. I even spread it out – but that is optional. It will melt down.
Look at it getting melty. This is 1 minute in.
2 minutes in.
You’re looking for bubbles and a brownish edging to let you know you’re ready to add your ingredients.
I normally add the meat and the cheese to the tortilla in the pan, but I wanted to show you how to pull it out of the pan without damaging its shape.
see how smoothly it slides out? You still need to be cautious because it is delicate until it is cooled.
The pan is clean (almost) and ready to be used for the next one.
You can see how it is pliable.
Then add your ingredients. You can see my meat mixture claims its spot as king of the tortilla. Yum!
Add your cheese – never enough cheese.
Roll the now stiffer shell like you would a burrito. Do not attempt to fold then ends, it is greasy and weird.
You can see it is ready to be topped with more deliciousness.
I like to put lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole, etc. on top and then tacklet the burrito with a fork.
Isn’t it beautiful?
It’s as good as it looks.
Easy Keto Burrito
Low carb tortilla shell
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup precooked taco meat - ground burger and taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- lettuce cut up
- tomatoes sliced/chopped
- olives sliced
- sour cream delicious
- salsa as needed
- onions use spraringly
- guacamole as needed
- After preparing your taco meat (or using leftovers), set aside.
- Preheat pan (must be non stick) on stove at medium heat.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the pan and spread out.
- Watch it for bubbling - about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Check it for doneness by lifting a corner with a spatula - should be brown on the bottom side.
- Slide from pan onto plate and add insides and roll.
- Serve with a fork and napkin - you'll need it!