This page may contain affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you we may receive a commission if you purchase a product from one of our links. We only recommend products we love.
Keto Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Sliders
A keto bacon cheddar ranch chicken slider is the perfect treat to make for a party, your friends, or just for you to enjoy in the privacy of your own home.
The explosion of flavor defies the rumors that keto is a boring diet. There’s nothing boring about this dish or the other delicious treats you can have on keto like taco soup, dark chocolate brownies, or jerky.
Keto Is A Lifestyle
When we started keto about 4 years ago, my daughter and I were experiencing all kinds of horrible health issues like symptoms of PCOS, insomnia, weight issues, and pre-diabetes.
Now, though, we’re sleeping, eating delicious foods, more active because our weight dropped without relying on cutting calories or adding in tons of cardio, PCOS symptoms are no longer an issue as well as our prediabetes is non-existent. This is a lifestyle, not a diet.
Dishes like this slider recipe make it easy to stick to this lifestyle, too!
How Do I Make Slider Buns
First, you’re going to need mozzarella cheese. I recommend shredded. It makes it easier to work with.
Almond flour. This is bleached almond flour. I like coconut flour as well because I like the texture and flavor, but the best thing about almond flour is that it doesn’t have the residual taste of coconut in the flour.
Baking powder. Always great to make sure not to use too much of this ingredient or it gives it an overbearing salty flavor that isn’t pleasant at all.
Ranch seasoning. This gives it a little extra flavor and adds to the body of the of the bun.
Don’t forget the egg and the cream cheese! That’s all you need for these amazing fat head style buns.
You’ll microwave that dish and mix the ingredients really well. When the both cheeses melt, they’ll make enough moisture to mix the rest of the ingredients into a dough like consistency.
Of that dough, you’ll form these balls and place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. (See the recipe card below for more thorough/complete instructions).
Aren’t the balls super cute?
Keto Ranch Chicken Filling
While the buns are baking, you’ll definitely want to get started on the filling which is arguably the best part of this dish.
Using more of the ranch dressing mix, you’ll coat the trimmed chicken tenderloins.
Then fry them in a pan. I like a dutch oven because the heat seems more consistent, but anything will work a long as you’re able to get the chicken browned on all sides.
The balls will bake quickly and when they do, you’ll want to pull them out to cool.
Using a bread knife, like this one, slice through the bun rolls, careful not to smash the spherical shape. I’ve done it. Ugh.
Then you start to build your slider and this is the fun part. You’ll want to use a piece of lettuce, your cooked bacon, cheese, and chicken and MORE, if you want more.
Top your keto bacon cheddar ranch chicken sliders with the opposite sides of the buns. Isn’t this one adorable?
You’ll be able to make multiple keto bacon cheddar ranch chicken sliders and be the hit of the party!
Keto Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Sliders
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1 lbs Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 2 tsp Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Slices of bacon cooked
- Lettuce Optional
- tomato Optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Heat at 30 second intervals until the cheese is completely melted and well combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of Ranch seasoning mix to the cheese mixture, and knead with your hands until completely combined.
- Place the dough into a mixing bowl and add the egg. Blend on high until smooth.
- Form the dough into 7 equal sides balls, and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet, flattening them slightly. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the slider buns are baking, place two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the chicken tenderloins in the Ranch seasoning mix, and season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and sauté until browned and completely cooked through with no pink in the middle.
- Slice each chicken tenderloin in half.
- Cut the slider buns in half so that each one now has a top and a bottom.
- Place some lettuce onto the bottom of a slider bun, followed by a half of a chicken tenderloin, a fourth of a cheddar cheese slice and half of a piece of crispy bacon. Top with the other half of the slider bun, and add some tomato if desired.