This page may contain affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you we may receive a commission if you purchase a product from one of our links. We only recommend products we love.
Who doesn’t love breaking a fast? This works for early breakfast or for lunch! I topped this with a scrambled egg but avocado, fish, chicken, or steak also works. You know what also works? A big old pile of cheese. So much cheese you don’t know what to do with yourself. But I’m getting off topic!
First thing you want to do is cut or slice the 3 slices into bacon. I like to cut each slice into 3rds so you’re still eating huge chunks of bacon. I sacrificed a 1/3 of slice to my cat. I’m nice that way.
Fry it up until fat is rendered on both sides. Remove the bacon but KEEP THE GREASE. You need that bacon grease, it’s liquid gold!
Now cook until they start to soften the onions and green and red peppers. Stirring occasionally.
Throw in those baby ‘matoes and stir. Things aren’t coming together quite yet but when the tomatoes are getting plump and shiny, drop in those 2 cups of spinach and stir. Every few minutes. Until things are beginning to wilt.
Toss in the cauliflower, Worchester sauce,and rest of the spices. Stir and cook until the cauliflower gets some color. Yum. Now it’s beginning to look like a complete dish. Spoon 1/3rd of mixture onto a plate and top of your choice of protein/fat. Be a rebel and top it with more crisp bacon if you want! Who doesn’t like to be a rebel!
Works out to be about 4.4 net carbs
I think it’s important to note that you can add more cheese and veggies as you see fit – because… cheese. But a keto scrambled egg hash is the ultimate way to impress even the most hardened anti-keto guest you might have. Once they see how delicious your food is, they’ll be begging to know your secrets.
Keto isn’t just about looking good, it’s about feeling good, too. Imagine starting your day with this delicious keto scrambled egg hash! So easy and so adaptable for your tastes.
Scrambled Egg Hash
- 1/2 cups onions sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 green pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded steamed cauliflower
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 slices bacon cut into 3rds
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 2 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Liberal amount of garlic powde
- 1 scrambled Egg
- Cut or slice the 3 slices of bacon into thirds.
- Fry it up until fat is rendered on both sides.
- Remove the bacon but KEEP THE GREASE
- Now cook until they start to soften the onions and green and red peppers. Stirring occasionally.
- Throw in those baby ‘matoes and stir.
- Toss in the cauliflower, Worchester sauce,and rest of the spices. Stir and cook until the cauliflower gets some color.
- Spoon 1/3rd of mixture onto a plate and top of your choice of protein/fat.
Kayla Hensen is a sweet romance author who resides in New England with her husband, daughter, and adorable cat Miss. Fudge Swirl. (Don’t worry, she’s sugar free Fudge Swirl) Since discovering Keto, Kayla has lost over 40 lbs, got back bundles of energy and given up snacking on her gummy bears in favor of beef jerky, sardines and pickles. And she’s doing just fine! When not writing, she can be found cooking up more yummy recipes and watching sappy movies.